Panel on A Call to Action: Transforming the Global Refugee System
The Centre for International Governance Innovation (CIGI) and the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) will be convening a high-level panel on the World Refugee Council’s (WRC) report, A Call to Action: Transforming the Global Refugee System, on April 10th, 2019 from 10-11:30 AM at the IDRC (8th floor, 150 Kent Street, Ottawa).
Our panel of experts will discuss the major themes of the report: governance, responsibility sharing, accountability, and finance, as well as strategies for engaging with refugees and other forcibly displaced populations in the governance of the system.
Event speakers include:
- Lloyd Axworthy, Chair, World Refugee Council
- Jean-Nicolas Beuze, UNHCR Representative in Canada
- Colleen Duggan, Program Leader, Governance and Justice Program, IDRC
- Muzna Dureid, White Helmets Canada
- Fen Osler Hampson, Executive Director, World Refugee Council; Director, Global Security & Politics Program, CIGI
- Alex Neve, Secretary General, Amnesty International Canada
- Jessie Thomson, Member; World Refugee Council; Vice-President, Partnerships for Global Change, CARE Canada